Protégé Dance Company is happy to offer dance classes to our adults. Our adult classes are geared towards the adult beginner/intermediate student.
Protégé Dance Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes based on enrollment.
Presently, we are offering Adult Ballet Barre & Centre & Adult/Teen Yoga.
ADULT ballet barre Description
Classical (Cecchetti Syllabus) Ballet
Class Structure: Barre (45 min) & Centre (30 min)
- Barre: traditional & technical exercises performed at the barre including: plié, tendu, degagé, ronds de jambe, fondu, retiré, developé, grand battement and port de bras to name a few.
- Centre: Adage (slow controlled exercises focusing on balance and transfer of weight) & Allegro (basic introduction to jumps).
- Note: Jumps can be easily modified for those who are unable to jump.
- Comfortable tight-fitting athletic wear and/or traditional ballet attire.
- Shoes: Ballet Shoes.
- Hair: Off the face ie: bun, pony-tail, braid, etc.
ADULT/TEEN YOGA Description
Teens (12yrs & up must be accompanied by an adult/parent).
Unheated Power Vinyasa Flow
Class Structure: 60 minutes (follow a sequence of yoga movements focusing on breath, strength and flexibility).
- Power Yoga is an excellent way to set the foundation for discovering body awareness, breath, meditation and a deeper sense of self.
- Individuals will create connections, builds self confidence and develop enhanced self awareness.
- Yoga will help you transform your limiting thoughts into new possibilities that will awaken your spirits and leave you rinsed and renewed.
- Yoga is meant for everyone and can be done at any level/pace with modifications made to the sequence.
- Comfortable athletic wear
- Shoes: Bare-feet
- Hair: Off the face
- Equipment: Bring a mat and water bottle
"My name is Monique, I am 52 years old and I am in my second year of participating in the adult ballet class. I just wanted to say how much I have and continue to enjoy this class. The teaching has been exceptional. This year we have the incredible opportunity to have Miss Christine teach us and what an incredible opportunity that is! I don't even have the words to describe how extraordinarily clear she is when she is explaining the technique involved and how to get there with our movements. She recognizes that we may not be able to move as we should just yet! She stresses the importance of proper technique so we do not injure ourselves and most of all makes the class so enjoyable! I wish we could have it more than once a week!! So I would like to thank the Studio for offering the adult world this opportunity. Personally speaking it is something I have always wanted to do. I can not believe how it is such a good work out. I am amazed at how it has improved my flexibility, muscle strength, coordination, balance and flexibility. Which at my age is so important to maintain. I have been an active person over the years with running, mountain biking, cycling, weights etc. But I have to say, this is by far a better way of being active because of all of the benefits I listed above that I am experiencing. Again Protege thank you so much!!!"
- Monique Crochet
"Miss Liz runs a great class. She keeps it fun, while maintaining technique. She does a wonderful job appealing to both the experienced and beginner dancers but providing options at a variety of levels. I look forward to the challenge of her classes every week and haven't enjoyed dancing like this in years! Thank you."
- Jaime Dunford
"Great experience overall, would highly recommend to other Adults. Mrs. Christina was a great instructor, very lively and outgoing. I always felt comfortable and challenged in a way that facilitated growth but at a pace that was not overbearing or uncomfortable. Look forward to returning in the new year!"
- Alana Capesky
"I look forward to working with Miss Lexie, it's incredible how motivating and confident she is. I'm just so happy with my experience at your studio."
- Paola O'Hara