Protégé Dance Company operates on a 36-week season with classes running from September to June.
Recreational and Competitive classes commence: Monday, September 13th, 2021.
- A $30.00 NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee is required per family upon registration.
- Tuition is divided into nine (9) equal installments (plus HST) which are to be paid within the first seven days of each month. The first installment is due at the time of registration.
- Payments can be made at the office through Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard or Cheque. Cheques should be made payable to “Protégé Dance Company” for the first day of each month from September to May.
- Payments that are not made within the first seven days of the month will be subject to a late fee of $10.00 plus HST per week. Enrollment will be immediately subject to dismissal if payment is late, after two weeks. Parents should communicate with Protégé Dance Company ahead of time if payments are expected to be late due to vacation, illness, or absenteeism.
- All payments made by cheque which are returned due to Insufficient Funds will be charged an administrative fee of $30.00 plus HST in addition to the amount outstanding.
Recreational Program Fees:
- Class uniform
- Photo day
- Year-end show tickets
- Competition Entries
- Costumes (including tights, shoes and accessories)
- Studio apparel
- Travel expenses
- Photo day
- Tickets: Competitive & Year-End Showcase
- Summer Intensives
- Any fees that have been paid to Protégé Dance Company are NON-REFUNDABLE. These fees include, but are not limited to: tuition, exams, costume, choreography, competition entry fees, deposits, registrations fee and merchandise payments.
- There shall be no transfer, credits or refunds for classes missed by the student for any reason including illness, inclement weather, fire, flood, earthquakes, pandemic and/or acts of God. Makeup classes are not an option.
- All deposits required in the recreational and competitive programs are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- In the event that any class, show or competition is cancelled or is delayed or that the Protégé Dance Company is prevented from performing its obligations
by reason of
a. Acts of God;
b. Flood, fire, earthquake or explosion;
c. War, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riots or other civil unrest;
d. Government order or law;
e. Actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement;
f. Action by any governmental authority;
g. National or regional emergency;
h. Strikes, labour stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances;
i. Shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities;
j. Failure of subcontractors to perform in timely fashion;
k. Pandemics or epidemics, including, but not limited to, the COVID-19 pandemic; or
l. Any other cause beyond the control of the Protégé Dance Company. The performance of the Protégé Dance Company’s obligations herein shall be excused, and Protégé Dance Company shall not be liable for any expenditure, liability or loss incurred by any of its students and/or their parents.
- For further clarity, in the event of Force Majeure, Protégé Dance Company shall not be obligated to provide alternate classes, including, but not limited to, virtual and/or digital classes, to its students. All fees and payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and any adjustments or refunds during an event of Force Majeure are in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Protégé Dance Company.
A non-refundable costume deposit of $100.00 per costume is required for competitive students. Costumes range from: $200-$300 plus HST/each.
STUDIO DRESS CODE
- Protégé Dance Company has a dress code in place to help students build a positive body image and allow the teachers to correct alignment and technique.
- All hair must be tied off of the face in a bun (ballet) and/or French braid/ponytail for all other disciplines secured tightly with a strong elastic and/or bobby pins. All competitive students must attend their technique classes with hair in a bun.
- Students must come to class with clean hands (and feet for students learning Acro) as the Studio takes a “hands-on” approach to teaching to help students understand body awareness and placement. All Acro students must come to class with short toe-nails.
- Leg warmers are not permitted. Ballet Wrap Sweaters are only permitted during the winter season which lasts from November to March
- Cover-ups should be worn to and from the studio. Dance shoes are to be worn indoors only.
- All dance apparel must be labelled with the child’s full name.
- Any student who is not dressed according to class uniform, including hair, will not be permitted in class. No additional cover-ups are permitted in class. There are NO REFUNDS available for classes missed.
- Protégé Dance Company is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All dance attire can be purchased and/or ordered through: Dance Code (Ajax, ON). Phone #905-427-0443. We encourage everyone to purchase the correct shoes and attire upon registration.
Please visit our UNIFORM Tab.
STUDENT & PARENT BEHAVIOUR
- Protégé Dance Company fosters a positive learning environment, therefore students are to demonstrate respect and strong work ethic to one another and their teacher(s). Any student who is rude or disruptive will be dismissed from the program.
- Protégé Dance Company will also do its utmost to handle all conflicts within the studio. If this fails, a call will be made to the parent and a meeting will be arranged.
- We expect all students to be respectful of other dancers within the school, the teachers, the premises, and other tenants that occupy the building. When students are performing outside the studio, we expect them to be on their best behaviour, to be courteous to competitors, other teachers, and members of the general public.
- Students and/or parents who repeatedly disrupt classes, who conduct themselves in a manner that the studio ownership deems to be objectionable, or who cause reputational damage to Protégé Dance Company will be expelled from the studio, in the studio’s sole and unfettered discretion.
Please visit HOW TO REGISTER Tab.