MANDATORY DRESS CODE
Protégé Dance Company strictly enforces a dress code to:
- Help students build a positive body image.
- Allow the teacher(s) to correct the alignment, technique and placement on the student.
- Promote respect for the art and learning of dance in a formal environment.
All hair must be tied off the face. Secure hair tightly with strong elastic and bobby-pins.
Ballet- secure, traditional ballet buns with bobby-bins are a must. No excuses.
When a student is distracted with messy hair, learning is unfortunately not taking place.
PERSONAL HYGIENE NOTE
We acknowledge that personal hygiene is personal. However, we do ask that all students come to class with clean hands (and feet for Acro) as Protégé Dance Company teaches with a “hands-on” approach to help students understand body awareness and placement. In addition, it is necessary for our Acro students to come to class with short toe-nails. Thank you.
- Leg warmers are not permitted.
- Ballet Wrap Sweaters (Pink or Black) are only permitted during the winter season.
- Appropriate undergarments to be worn and tucked away under bodysuit, for all classes.
- Please purchase the appropriate bodysuit for your child as bra’s are not to be worn under bodysuits (this is a very messy and unprofessional look).
Any student who is not dressed according to class uniform, including hair, will not be permitted to participate in class. No additional cover-ups permitted to class.
ARTICLES OF CLOTHING
Please label all dance apparel (Mabel's Labels Fundraising), including: shoes, bodysuits, tights, shorts, etc. with your child’s full name. A tote bag keeps belongings together and is portable. A cover-up should be worn to and from the studio. Dance shoes are to be worn indoors only. Protégé Dance Company is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please leave all valuables at home.
Prices below reflect the fees at THE DANCE CODE Tel. 905-427-0443 (Pickering Village, Ajax, ON)
(TAX not included in the following fees. HST to be added to all items. Fees are subject to change at any given time.)